Americans Support Conservative Policies to Rebuild the Economy, Maintain Law & Order
America First Policies commissioned a national poll evaluating several policy proposals being debated on the national stage.
On the Economy:
- The most important issue facing our nation is jobs/the economy. Independents and Republicans voice this as their top concern, whereas Democrats place coronavirus as their number one issue.
- The majority of respondents favor President Trump's handling of the economy (56% approve).
- 64% of Independents approve
- 62% of Suburban White Men approve
- 59% of Suburban White Women approve
- 55% of respondents support President Trump's payroll tax cut executive order.
- 46% of respondents feel Joe Biden's $3 trillion tax plan will "devastate the economy," 10% feel it will have no impact, and only 36% believe it will help.
- 50% of respondents trust Republicans to help rebuild the economy, compared to 42% trust for Democrats.
- 56% of respondents believe "free-market solutions" are best to tackle the coronavirus, whereas only 26% believe the government should take the lead.
- 43% of respondents blame Democrats for delaying stimulus relief, compared 26% who blame Republicans, and 14% who blame President Trump.
- A whopping 56% of respondents believe "Many liberals in America today no longer believe in free speech and simply try to silence anyone who disagrees with them," compared to 42% who disagree.
- 77% of respondents believe many people don’t express their true thoughts or feelings about political opinions because they might experience a negative backlash for voicing their views, whereas only 23% disagree.
- 51% of respondents agree the radical left has infiltrated our public education system, from kindergarten all the way to our universities, and is quietly indoctrinating our American kids on a number of radical liberal ideals, including 53% of independents.
- 54% of respondents agree that in recent years, Democrat elected officials have strongly embraced socialism and are actively pursuing an agenda to make America as socialist as most European countries, including 55% of independents.
- 51% of respondents agree the protests we're seeing across the country have stopped being about racial injustice and have become violent riots by people who hate America and want to tear down our government and radically change American culture, including 53% of independents.
- A staggering 75% of respondents oppose defunding the police, including 77% of independents, 78% of suburban white women, 69% of Hispanics and 63% of African Americans.
To read the entire poll, and all the topics surveyed, please click here.
Methodology: Live caller telephone interviews were conducted on August 17-20. This survey consists of 800 nationwide likely voters. The margin of error for this survey is +/- 3.46%.