Pelosi’s Bizarre $3 Trillion Wish List: Bad for Americans, Great for Democrats
The Democrat-run House of Representatives isn’t even in session, but Speaker Nancy Pelosi is working hard at giving taxpayer money to her favorite constituents: illegal immigrants, elites living in blue states, and the pot and lobbying industries. It’s a wish list for liberal activists and donors, while explicitly ignoring the needs of everyday Americans. This isn’t about the pandemic for Democrats, it’s about making sure a good crisis doesn’t go to waste.
Amnesty and benefits to illegal immigrants:
· $1,200 checks for illegal immigrants.
· Illegal immigrants in “essential services” would be authorized to work for the duration of the crisis without the fear of deportation. Meanwhile, 22 million Americans are out of work.
· DHS would be ordered to review the files of every illegal alien in its custody to determine whether they should be released in the middle of the pandemic.
· DHS ordered to expedite the visa processing for foreign workers who want to come to the U.S. and work in healthcare – as U.S. healthcare workers get laid off.
Bail-outs to elites in blue states:
· Repeals the $10,000 state and local tax deduction (SALT) cap, which allows taxpayers in high-tax states to deduct local tax payments on federal tax returns. This provision gives ~$100K on average to people who make more than $1 million a year.
· Allows lobbyists the ability to qualify for small business loans.
Increasing voter fraud:
· Bill would force states to allow voting by mail – but would *prohibit* states from requiring photo ID, notarization, or witness signatures to send or receive mail-in ballots.
· Require states to send mail-in ballots to people for every federal election moving forward – permanently changing our elections.
· Require states to accept mail-in ballots up to 10 days after the election.
· Orders the release of every federal prisoner who has disabilities, asthma, or is over 50 years of age.
On Diversity/Pot Industry:
· The Democrat relief bill mentions “cannabis” 68 times, and diversity at least 20 times.
· Orders federal gov to produce an annual report on expanding access to financial services for minority-owned and women-owned cannabis-related businesses.
· Orders all federal agencies to own deposits in minority-owned banks.
· $25 billion bail-out for the U.S. postal service.
· $1M grant to the National Science Foundation to monitor coronavirus misinformation.